- Feb 27, 2018 -
How to choose a test aerosol for HEPA or HLPA filters?
Discussions on the cancer risk surrounding DOS or DEHS has resulted in increasing use of Emery 3004 or PSL
as a test aerosol both for production and in situ testing.
Emery 3400 is a synthetic hydrocarbon compound which is used as a synthetic lubricant and which has proved to
be a good replacement for older test aerosols, as well as being cheap,non-corrosive and easy to work with.
PSL is made from polystyrene liquid,it is colorless and transparent substance chareaterised with stable performace in ligh-temperature condition.
Dos or DEHS or,in certain contexts,salt(NaCI),which has long been used for this purpose,is strictly prohibited for
testing filters for the electronics industry.Solid latex or silicon particulates are chosen instead.
Liquid particulates such as DEHS are easy to produce in the high concentrations needed for testing ULPA filters.
Latex or silicon particulates are solid particulates which are normally dissolved in water or sprayed out in the filters.
The concentration must be sufficiently low that each drop of water contains just one particulate.The water must
evaporate before the particulate reaches the filter.This has meant certain limitations to generating particulates in
sufficiently high concentrations.However,equipment is now commercially available and latex or silicon particulates
will probably replace the liquid particulates altogether,both in production and on the field...
- Filter industry classification
- Filter self-cleaning
- Air filter development
- General air purification equipment ...
- Other types of filters
- Install the oil filter in the hydra...
- Oil filter selection points
- Oil filter maintenance
- Oil filter application industry
- Filter element
- How to choose the HEPA filter
- How to explean short life of oil ad...
- How long life of a Air filter
- Function of coating Air-Conditionin...
- Air filter atmospheric dust countin...
- Air filter common sense
- Electronic clean room air filter in...
- The usage of air filter
- Application of air filter in medica...
Related Industry Knowledge